Whitney Houston Found Face Down In Her Bathtub In A Foot Of Hot Water, Final Autopsy Results Revealed
The 42-page coroner’s report gave more details than an initial report released last month, which concluded that Whitney Houston died from accidental drowning after taking cocaine, possibly triggering a heart attack.
“The decedent possibly overdosed on a narcotic substance, prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, and alcohol,” said the full report released Wednesday from the Los Angeles County coroner’s office.
It added that there were no signs of foul play in the 48-year-old’s death.
It cited the star’s personal assistant as having found her lifeless in her Beverly Hilton hotel room on February 11, hours before a star-studded party on the eve of the music industry’s annual Grammys awards show.
“The personal assistant… went into the bathroom, and she found the decedent lying face down in the bathtub, unresponsive… The bathtub was filled with water, and there was water on the bathroom floor,” it said.
Detailing the condition of Houston’s body, it noted that “there was a bloody purge coming from her nose.”The report said a substance — which was later determined to be cocaine — was found in the bedroom.
“Located on the South portion of the counter was a small spoon with a white crystal-like substance in it and a rolled up piece of white paper,” it said.
Various bottles were found in the hotel room — in all some 12 medications prescribed by five different doctors, including anxiety treatment Xanax and the potent corticosteroid Prednisone, the report said.
It described in gruesome detail the scene when investigators arrived, after the body had been taken out of the bathtub and placed on the bedroom floor — where the carpet was soaked from water overflowing from the tub.
Efforts to re-start her heart had apparently already been made. “The bathroom floor was flooded and … much of the carpeted area of the living room was moist also, even up to where the body lay,” it noted.
“The decedent was nude, lying supine on the living room floor. There was a defibrillator patch on the upper right side of her chest and there was another defibrillator patch on the left central portion of her torso.
The lesson to be learned from all of this, DRUGS ARE BAD!