Top Chef host and food expert Padma Lakshmi chatted recently with us about the upcoming season of Top Chef in Seattle, her career, and her recent collaboration with Nespresso. Since launching the Nespresso U Machine, a newly innovative touch-sense coffee machine, Padma has been showcasing some special coffee recipes and shared with us her signature fall recipe perfect for any social occasion.
Watch our exclusive interview with Padma Lakshmi above as she talks about Nespresso’s new U Machine and the recipe to her signature Cardamon Cappuccino (check out the recipe below).
Padma Lakshmi Cardamom Cappuccino
· 1 capsule of Indriya of India
· ½ cup milk of your choice
· ½ tsp of brown sugar in the raw
· ¼ tsp of powdered green cardamom
· Pinch of crushed raw unsalted almonds
· Grind of nutmeg
1. Pour the Indriya of India Grand Cru into a cappuccino cup
2. Mix the milk of your choice with the brown sugar in the raw and powdered green cardamom and froth the milk using the Aeroccino milk frother
3. Fill the cappuccino cup with the prepared frothed milk over the Espresso
4. Top with the crushed raw unsalted almonds, a grind of nutmeg and a pinch of cardamom
The 10th season of Bravo’s Top Chef premieres Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 10pm.
Remember chef Mike Isabella?