Well Kid Rock may not be that powerful, but he does have a willing judge and most likely a capable lawyer working for him. According to Kid, Scott Stapp was supposed to have kept the video private. Oh Scott, you’ve become one big fuck up haven’t you. You may want to lay off the booze and lock up the videotapes.
Kid Rock has won an initial victory in his attempt to stop a California company from releasing an explicit sex video featuring the rap-rocker, former Creed singer Scott Stapp and four women.
U.S. District Court Judge John Feikens signed a temporary order that stops David Joseph and his World Wide Red Light District company from posting a preview clip of the video on its Web sites.
On Tuesday, Kid Rock’s lawyers sued Red Light, which made headlines in 2004 by distributing the Paris Hilton sex video, accusing the firm of violating Kid Rock’s trademark and privacy rights. The lawsuit seeks a permanent court order halting sale or distribution of the video.
“We don’t deny the authenticity of the tape,” Kid Rock’s lawyer, William Horton, told the Detroit Free Press. “But they’re using this without his permission to drive the sales of their other products.” “Even rock stars are entitled to privacy,” said co-counsel Michael Novak.
Kid Rock said in the lawsuit filing that it was clearly understood that the video would remain Stapp’s private property and would not be displayed publicly.
Joseph has said previously that he got the tape from a third party. It involved women from a strip club and was taken in a motor home, he said.
At least the locale and type of women involved keep within Kid Rock’s trailer trash image.
Kid Rock Sues To Stop Sale Of Raunchy Sex Tape [ClickOnDetroit]