Quick Hits: Will Madonna Be Must See TV?
- Madonna may get the highest price ever paid for a TV concert special — $15 million from NBC, we hear — from her current “Confessions” tour. That’s some serious cash. [Rush & Molloy]
- Director Sofia Coppola is expecting her first child with boyfriend Thomas Mars. [US Weekly]
- In other baby news, Mira Sorvino gave birth to her second baby, Johnny. Wow, a normal name. Hurrah! [People]
- Paula Abdul knows how to shop. She spent $10,000 during one stint at Lounge, and after deciding to individually hug all of the employees in the store, she ordered a bottle of Cristal champagne, Pouilly-Fuisse wine and then a bottle of Pino Grigio at the Lounge’s Moroccan Tea Room inside the store. You go, girl. [Page Six]
- Colin Farrell is ready to get married to his love of two months (good move) Lake Bell. [The Scoop]
- Designer Kidada Jones, daughter of Quincy Jones and Peggy Lipton, may be just a tad slow. Kidada’s little sister, Rashida, dished the other day to a Lowdown spy: “Kidada recently got a free leather softener from Coach, which she thought she was supposed to use on her face as a moisturizer. Kidada used it and complained to me that it was too oily. [Lowdown]