Nibbly Things: Martha & Britney Unloading Property, Fabian Basabe, & More

July 16th, 2004 // 25 Comments

> Marha Stewart’s Unloading Penthouse
She’s going for something a bit smaller. Possibly 8 by 10. [Curbed]
> Courtney Love Deemed a Threat to Other People
Tell me something I didn’t know before. [BBC]
Britney Spears Has Cellulite
She’s in for a rough hall. [Pop Culture Junkies]
> Mary Kate Olsen Extends Stay in Clinic
While Ashley Olsen is having a grand old time not having to deal with the depressing twin. [Zap2it]
> Abercrombie & Fitch Party Tame Compared To Calvin’s Man Pec Fest
Fabian Basabe is annoying. [FWD]
> A Child Who Should Not Be Eating Ice Cream
Wow that’s a fat kid! [planetdan]
> Britney Puts NYC Loft on Market
Kevin seems more L.A. to me anyway. I hope she did not decorate this herself. [Curbed]
> David Gest Spotted in Amoeba Records on Sunset Boulevard
And the witness to “it” only slightly vomited. [Defamer]
Heidi Klum’s Not Getting Any Child Support Cash From Flavio Briatore – Maybe
Is it $0 or $50,000 a month? It’s hard to tell the difference sometimes. [Vogue]

Nibbly Things are now featured with it’s own RSS and Atom Feeds.

By Miu von Furstenberg
  1. M

    I hate Fabian Basabe as well. The cocky motha fucka is beyond obnoxious. One thing I can NOT stand is a wannabe male socialite. ICK.

  2. Ok, I feel kind of awkward watching britney, who we’ve all seen grow up in front of our eyes (yes, I’m a sad person), grab someone’s penis. I would have more enjoyed her making out w/ another woman than this.

    I’m sure from this day on, when we’re at our favorite record store, we’ll see double the amount of britney albums filed under the letter ‘B’ (or ‘S’ or even, ‘BS’) in the priceless used section

  3. well say what you want about fabien basabe but i have seen him in person and he is so hot and so nice to everyone, i wish him the best and all you people that think you are so cool talking shit about people i bet have never even met the people you talk about – you are the real losers!
    fabien if you ever read this, you are awesome and if you ever get a chance come to nashville ,we love you here, take care

  4. Mariko

    First off, Fabian is not a wannabe socialite and if your questioning that, than you don’t know the meaning of what being a socialite is. Plus, his father is banking in more money, than what you would ever see in your life time. This comes from a girl who is also a trust fund baby.

  5. CK

    Fabian Basabe has got to be the biggest wanker of all “trust fund” babies…what a LOSER!!! he thinks drinking expensive alcohol and mingling with the “beautiful people” is work!!! get a life!!!

  6. nworleanslady

    Question…..if Fabian Wasabe-Nobody is so wealthy, then why were his parents sued for failure to pay “condo” fees….maybe they meant penthouse fees?? And why then did they also file bankruptcy to avoid having to pay up after they were ruled against in this lawsuit…and the judgement’s amount: for a whopping $26,929

    Amazing.

    see court doc filing here:
    http://www.3dca.flcourts.org/3d03-1147.pdf

  7. alicia

    I remember being in a play with him in highschool. He went to Cheshire Academy and I live in Cheshire, CT. He was so hot then and he is hotter now! And just the fact that we are sitting here talking about him shows he is accomplishing his goal….to be known!

  8. DiamondGirl

    I’ve met him, he’s lovely. Everyone keeps forgetting it isn’t the material worth of a person or the association to it that should count rather the humanity that they exhibit. He’s always been courteous, fun and nice. Not bad in my eyes.

  9. Charles

    IT IS NOW CONFIRM THAT SOCIALITE WANNABE, FABIAN BASABE IS BISEXUAL. THE MAN WAS MAKING OUT WITH BOYS IN THE HAMPTOMS AND HE WENT BACK TO NEW YORK CITY WHERE HE WAS SEEING HUMPING ONE THE PRESIDENTS TWINS.
    I WOULD LIKE ALSO TO STATE THAT HE IS A FRAUDSTER BECAUSE HE HAS NOTHING TO BE A SOCIALITE, HIS PARENTS HAVE GONE BANKRUPT AND THEY WERE SUED IN FLORIDA FOR NOT PAYING FEES. HE WAS ALSO ON ONE OF THOSE E-SHOWS AND HE MADE HIMSELF LIKE A FOOL BECAUSE HE WAS OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO HARD.
    THE BASTERD IS ANNOYING AND I HOPE SOMEONE KICKS HIM IN THE NUTS, THAT ALL.

  10. chris

    i have made out with fabien, or rather, he has molested me a few times at bungalo. I am a boy and she’s a mess. Tip for all you struggling socialites, hire a good PR agent, like Nadine Johnson…who’s husband happens to run Page six.

  11. FabianSUCKS

    “Mariko said:
    First off, Fabian is not a wannabe socialite and if your questioning that, than you don’t know the meaning of what being a socialite is. Plus, his father is banking in more money, than what you would ever see in your life time. This comes from a girl who is also a trust fund baby.”

    You don’t say! Only another trust fund baby wanna-be socialite would say that. Takes one to know one! Loser.

  12. cMACK

    I JUST WANT TO SAY, BEFORE YOU LET FABIAN BASABE FOOL YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH.. FABIAN IS GAY AS THEY GET. A METRO HOMO IN HIDING! HE IS FAR FROM RICH. FABIAN BASBABE’S FATHER HAS NO MONEY, OWNS SMALL CONDO IN BAY HARBOR ISLAND FLORIDA, WHICH HE CANNOT PAY THE MORTAGE ON, SO ITS UNDER FORCLoSER. FABIAN WAS BORN IN THE USA. DIPLOMAT IMMUNITY MY ASS. THIS KID IS A SICK BORN LiAR. WHO EVER PUT FABIAN BASABE ON THE AIR, SHOULD DEF DO A CHECK ON THIS LIAR! GET HIM OFF THE AIR!

  13. Jeffreaky

    Just finished watching an episode of Filthy Rich and was trying to find somewhere on the internet to say something. I wish he’d see this somehow? Who cares about his money and why would you stick up for this guy saying he does have money? Anyway, money or not, that guy is not a nice person. Even if he’s playing it up for TV, why would you even want to play it up like that on TV? I know why, he’s not a nice person. I’m so glad I’m not like him and and I’m really glad I’m not a trust fund baby! How embarrasing!

  14. Social Butterfly

    After watching Fabian on “Filthy Rich”, I would have to say he’s an embarrassment to socialites everywhere and a disgrace to his country. It seems everytime he is forced to face responsibility, he screams diplomatic immunity. Anyone who disrespects law enforcement doesn’t deserve diplomatic immunity, and besides, last time I checked, you weren’t immune to the laws of the country you are visiting. He hreatened “lawyer and attorney” so much you’d think they paid his bills. Come on kid (26 years old but never grew up)..how long are you going to hang on to daddy’s pants’ leg? Could this be the reason mommy and daddy are bankrupt?
    “Courteous, Fun, and Nice”? I didn’t see any of those qualities. He made a fool of himself and his family..but I’m sure he doesn’t respect his family.

  15. PoorDaddy

    After watching a few episodes of the Filthy Rich Cattle Drive, I could not help but hate Fabian. Not because he is rich and good looking, but because he has no idea how his actions may hurt others. I can not beleive his father is proud to let him get on TV and bring shame to himself and his family name. What kind of smart business tycoon is that? How can you control an empire when you can’t even control your own son. There is nothing wrong with having a good time and not working if your Daddy wants to pay for your lifestyle, but don’t come on a show thats for a charity donation and be a complete idiot. Play by the rules for once in your life, for a good cause. Suck it up and be a man that works for a couple of weeks. You have the rest of your life to live it up without working. However, maybe learning a little something about your Dad’s business sense (if he has any) might be a good thing. You know things don’t always last forever. Hopefully you have a back up plan. Good Luck.

  16. Amy

    After watching another episode of Filthy Rich, I had to find out other people’s opinion of Fabian Basabe. I can’t believe the hatred I feel towards that tool. How somebody who is clearly both arrogant and ignorant simultaneously can live with himself I will never know. I think the rest of us – those who don’t have rich parents – can feel superior to this imbecile who is so self-righteous and completely hypocritical. Hey, who wants to form the ‘I hate Fabian Basabe’ Club? I get to be president. I must say I am relieved to know other people feel the same way.

  17. matt

    wow, fabian basabe is such a f*ckin loser. he is such a disgrace to this country and nothing would make me happier than to see him starve to death or get his ass kicked so severely that he is in a wheelchair for the remainder of his pathetic life. Yes, I said it, I WISH DEATH upon his sorry ass. What a fag.

  18. Steve Simms

    Fabian is a TOTAL LOSER, and if it weren’t for his daddy he’d be flipping burgers. He said “we” don’t care about you/UK, etc — well who the hell cars about his father’s home country of Ecuador?????

    Why aren’t the police bringing him up on charges for calling 911 to file a false emergency????

    I hear that around town, when he’s about to get in trouble, he yells out “Diplomatic Immunity!!”.

    The guy is so gay, and hates himself so much because he is nothing more than Daddy Jr, that he just creates fights to draw people’s attention away from the fact that he likes the bratwurst!

  19. S2D

    Just to make it clear…I’ve never done anything like this before in my life…but this guy takes the cake and he got it coming to him. FABIAN’S GOT TO BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST TOOLS OF ALL TIME. This sad sad boy is truly a shining example of how money can’t buy class. I personally believe he’s got a hidden agenda to regain everything his family’s lost, fame, money, and power, by any means necessary, whether it be acting like a complete ass on t.v. or marrying a wealthy heiress…and he has clearly shown that he’s prepared to take anybody on who’s not in line with his perception of “reality”. Let’s face it, hate him or love him, this guy makes for great t.v. and he’ll probably get really far in life before karma comes back in bites him in the ass. Oh, and by the way…gay, straight, rich and handsome or not…this guy is simply NOT a good person and it’s sad to see people critize or defend the prick simply because of that. This guy is as we call it where i come from, an “interesado”. I too have been introduced to him on several occasions and I too am a trust fund kid, but i’ve managed to stand on my own two feet without resorting to such lows…
    I’ll be expecting your angry responses…and if you didn’t get that then you can kiss my ass
    HAHAHAhahahah

  20. C.M. OLson

    Lets talk about suing, okay ?
    Fabien Basabe bit one of the girls breast on this trail drive. She should sue him ! It was the football players daughter.

  21. Tara

    Ok, So as I sit here and watch Filthy Rich Cattle Drive, I am seething with disgust over Fabien!! I wonder what his WIFE( can you say Beard) is gonna say as she watches what he husband is doing, ie: grabbing Brittny and groping the girls. Not to mention what a Jackass he is to everyone who doesn’t see him for the arrogant jackass he is. I do believe he is GAY, I have GAY friends and they are much more together than he is. Get a grip Man.I like everyone else on the show, no one can be such a drama queen like he can!

  22. Reality Czech

    I’ve noticed a trend in Fagian’s paranoid small-world thinking: when he is “being a bit harsh” to Alexander, he jumps from attacking Alexander’s diplomacy as sucking up and winds up including all of the British Empire with “You people don’t matter, nobody cares”. After the phone call to 911, he tells Joshua that lawsuits were invented by “you people”. What a retarded sociopathic little bi-otch…

    The “otherwise I’d probably suicidal myself” remark he made was quite telling. I actually think that everything that fell out of Fagian’s mouth that night at the campfire is everything Fagian battles with inside, tries to forget about, and fears hearing from others. He’s the nothing, he’s nobody special, he’s the one that nobody should care about…

    Fagian, you have and are nothing but a spendbot and poser, so there is no reason to respect a loser and phony like you. Nobody cares. Rather, we wish you Hell.

    I see you brazen, stupid, and sociopathic enough to be a Hollywood punk style version of Scott Peterson and can’t wait to see how you play out your empty shell of a life…

  23. Patrick

    I really have to wonder what the world is coming to when there are so many defenders of the assinine Fabian, here. He is not a nice person. I actually felt sorry for those cows having to be around him on the trail drive for that long. Luckily, he snuck off and gave them a break.
    There is no excuse for anyone to put charities in possible jeopardy that they have volunteered to attempt help. They should have kicked that asshole off the show when he first exposed himself for the asshole he was. And what the hell is up with Pat Benatar’s daughter liking him so much?

  24. eliz

    Basabe is the type of guy who would rape a girl then pay her off.
    He has no morals.
    He thinks everything can be bought.
    He and the other wankers on the cattle drive show, except blake who gave a damn, but especially that gastineau chick, should all be sent to africa to see what life is REALLY like when your parents aren’t rich.

  25. Coco

    I have just watched Rich Kids Cattle Drive for the first (and last) time and I just wanted to get out there how much I fucking hate Fabien Wannabe Basabe. First of all who the fuck is this dickhead??? He is the most obnoxious, arrogant twat ever and proof positive that money can’t buy you class!!
    I am English and can’t fucking believe the way he dared to speak to Alexander, who is quite obviousley far superior. And the way he spoke about my country, he needs to come over here and say that because he would be going back to America in a fucking box!!!!! I’m sure nobody would miss him!!

    Oh and Mariko – GET A FUCKING LIFE YOU COCKJOCKEY

Leave A Comment