Lindsay Lohan Actually Catches A Break, Won’t Be Charged In Rehab Assault

March 30th, 2011 // Leave a Comment

What do ya know, it’s a rare win for Lindsay Lohan! Prosecutors have dropped a battery case filed by a rehab worker against the actress last year. The 24-year-old is set to go on trial in the case of the alleged theft of a $2,500 necklace, but her name has been cleared in the assault case, TMZ reports.

PHOTOS: Lindsay Lohan Gets Her Hair Done With Sister Ali

Prosecutors did not find enough evidence against Lohan, seen here on Monday with Danish celebrity broker Claus Hjelmbak at her Venice Beach, CA, home, to support charges, Riverside County District Attorney’s Office spokesman John Hall said Tuesday. The decision followed a nearly three-month investigation during which prosecutors re-interviewed witnesses and transcribed phone calls and prior witness statements.

“This was not any higher priority case than anything else. It just went through its normal case as any other misdemeanor battery case would,” Hall said.

In December Dawn Holland filed a complaint against Lindsay, 24, alleging that the actress had assaulted her during the court-ordered stay at the clinic. But Lohan claims that Holland “touched her first”. Investigators interviewed witnesses to find out who in fact was the aggressor during the alleged attack, which apparently left Holland with a sprained arm.

Capt. Dan Wilham, who oversees the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department station that investigated the case, said Tuesday he still believes a crime happened. “But it would have been very, very difficult to prosecute with a victim that didn’t want to be a victim,” he said.

By Miu von Furstenberg
asl

Leave A Comment