Model Lily Aldridge, seen here during a photo shoot earlier today (March 21, 2013) in New York City, is one busy woman these days. Along with being a model, he’s a mother (Kings of Leon frontman Caleb Followill is her husband), and she’s also just designed her first clothing collection.
She collaborated with Velvet by Graham & Spencer. Described as “laid-back luxe”, the 13-piece collection combines the brand’s staple contemporary basics with the Victoria’s Secret model’s “mix of boho rock-and-roll glamour.”
“It was a very natural collaboration. I’ve been working for Velvet for 10 years so when they asked me to do this it was an easy yes,” Aldridge told us. “As a model you have such an amazing glimpse into fashion and what the designers are creating and how it fits. I wanted to create a line that was cool and easy to wear. You can wear every piece of my collection for day or night.”
She also shared her philosophy for spring dressing.
1. ‘I think a great tee is the building block to any wardrobe. Nothing is sexier than the perfect tee with super skinny jeans and heels!’
2. ‘Stripes are a great way of updating your wardrobe for Spring. I’m obsessed with them! I designed one in navy and white that instantly adds a touch of Parisian chic to any outfit.’
3. ‘A military jacket always works for Spring. I designed this one for my little sister Ruby who has amazing style best described as “Rock and Roll meets Tomboy!”‘
4. ‘Inject some girlie lace into your wardrobe and then throw a biker or military jacket over it. Laid back and sexy all at the same time!’
5. ‘Animal print works whatever the season and instantly adds attitude to any outfit. Go for a super-sexy leopard print dress like my ‘Erin’ dress. A great animal tee worn over jeans or a denim skirt, offers a more casual but equally cool look for Spring.’
The brunette reveals her rock star husband and daughter Dixie even inspired some of her designs: “I started designing stuff, and then one piece came out and it totally reminded me of Dixie, my daughter, because it’s so beautiful and makes me so happy every time I see it. Then there was a T-shirt that my husband loved, so I named it ‘The Caleb’ because he likes to see me in a cool T-shirt with some jeans and heels.”
Email me at email@example.com. Follow me on @mjprieve on Twitter.