In a nod to the 2012 London Olympics (which kick off next Friday, by the by), Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge wore a delightfully sparkling necklace to the National Portrait Gallery yesterday (July 19th).
The Cartier Trinity necklace is made up intertwined circles of pink, white and yellow gold. It’s delicate, it’s gorgeous and it looked perfect on Catherine. Cartier confirmed to Grazia yesterday that the Duchess did not borrow this piece. As we all know, she pays full price for most items as it is not in royal style to borrow items or receive discounts.
Palaces aids told the Daily Mail that Catherine has had this necklace in her personal jewelry collection for awhile, but did not confirm whether she purchased it herself, or if it was a gift. ”It’s a personal piece which she’s had for some time. It’s not an official Olympic item but it’s appropriate to wear it,” a St. James’s Palace spokesperson told the Mail.
None of our business, either way.
(Royal) Things to catch up on this week:
1) How to get Catherine’s look – What Kate Wore
2) Catherine and Prince William will receive the Olympic torch at Buckingham Palace July 26th, one day before the opening ceremony.
3) For a right royal laugh (new pics!) – Kate Middleton For The Win
4) Gorgeous photographs of the royal family – Mark Stewart
5) All things royal (and in petite sizes) – A Petite Princess
We want to know what our royal readers think of the necklace, so make sure to vote Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down below.