The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge started a busy week of engagements at the Honourable Society of the Middleton Temple in London, England today. There, the royal couple handed scholarships in their name to deserving law students, particularly those who have overcome adversity to do so, according to the Daily Mail‘s Rebecca English.
Prince William was made an honorary barrister at Middleton Temple three years ago. He follows in this footsteps of his mother, the late Princess of Wales, who was called in 1988. The Queen Mother is also an honorary member, having been called in 1944.
William and Catherine (wearing a wine-colored Paule Ka double-breasted jacket and fit-and-flare skirt with black tights and heels) posed for photos with last year’s Diana Scholarship winner Harry Azoh, this year’s Princess Diana Scholarship winner Priya Sidharh and Nathan Scott who won the Queen Mother Scholarship in 2010.
Tomorrow, William and Catherine will travel to Burton-Upon-Trent to open the new Football Association park. Wednesday finds Catherine attending solo engagements, since William has to attend the funeral of his former nanny, Olga Powell. Prince Harry is serving in Afghanistan, so he cannot attend.
On Thursday, William will host the 100 Women In Hedge Funds dinner. He’ll be doing this solo, as Catherine is said to have a “prior private engagement” already on the books.
This next bit of news must be taken with a grain of salt: The royals fear there is a mole at the palace who is feeding information to the media. According to Now Magazine (via Marie Claire), an investigation has been launched at Chateau d’Autet where William and Catherine stayed before their Diamond Jubilee tour. Officials are trying to figure out how the freelance photographer knew they were staying at the private hotel.
“It’s been years since the Palace had to deal with a situation like this,” a source told the magazine. ”But they are suspicious because some things have come out regarding Kate, Wills and Harry that very few people knew about.”