Jason Bateman issued an apology a little too late about his total line-cut for the iPhone 4. The actor slipped past 2000+ people waiting in line last week for the much-hyped gadget. However, at first, he seemed none too phased by the hoopla that followed on the internet and on shows like The View. (Hello!? How did Matt Kemp and Rihanna slip by without a riot!)
To this he only said, “There
wasn’t one boo. Not one hiss. The Apple guy brought me in away from the
paparazzi. Period. I was content in line. I wish I’d stayed.” Whew! Touchy!
However, after everyone basically agreed that was BS (is Jason Bateman REALLY that high on the paparazzi’s list?!) he issued a second apology that was a bit more, uh, apologetic.
“Correction- If there were boos, I didn’t hear them. If some were mad, I didn’t see them,” Bateman said, pictured in NYC on June 15. “I wish I had.
If you’re out there, I’m sorry.”
A blogger called him out on this saying that confirmed that people “were groaning, making comments in MY earshot of his not having to wait in line and some boos.”
Too little, too late Jason…