Jared Padalecki Is Having Another Baby, Plus ‘Supernatural’ Hits Comic-Con 2013
Jared Padalecki and his wife Genevieve Cortese are going to be parents again. The Supernatural actor announced on Sunday, July 21 that he and his wife were expecting their second child. “We got a LOT of questions this weekend about my wife and whether or not we wanted another child. Well, we want everybody 2 know…” he wrote on Twitter without finishing the message.
“Shoot! I got on a plane and THEN realized that my tweet wasn’t finished! Not used to this 140 character thing. I confirm that Genevieve is pregnant,” he wrote again later.
A few big announcements happened during the panel. Felicia Day made a surprise appearance on the CW’s Supernatural panel Sunday at Comic-Con, where EP Robert Singer announced that fan-favorite Day would be reprising her role as Charlie Bradbury on the show. Co-star Jensen Ackles was on hand for the panel as well, looking as handsome as always.
It was also revealed that cast member Misha Collins, who was bumped from recurring guest star to series regular after striking a chord with fans, will take the director’s chair for an episode in the upcoming ninth season.
Here are some of the highlights from the Supernatural panel:
- Carver said they learn quickly a world with fallen angels is basically a free for all.
- Angels on earth are not a unified body. There are many different factions. Some are vengeful.
- Collins commented on Castiel’s new Human state. “It’s a remarkable shift. Prior to the end of season, he had powers to help brothers. Now, he can pop in and do laundry. Immensely rich terrain to explore as a human. Down in the filth. To eat and what happens after he eats.”
- There’s a Cas bathroom scene. He’s an adult, but will flush the toilet for the first time.
- Men of Letters headquarters will have new rooms revealed. While Dean considers it a home, Sam sees it more as a place to work.
- Jim Beaver will be returning and it’s “in a way you wouldn’t expect.”
Check out the supercharged series highlight reel filled with falling Angels, fraternal moments, hidden bunkers and a whole lot of beheadings!
Watch the Supernatural season 8 gag reel.
Plus and interview.
Supernatural returns on October 15 – on a new night, Tuesdays at 9/8c on The CW.
Please use the social bookmarking buttons above and below to share this post! Email me at email@example.com. Follow me at @mjprieve on Twitter, and follow SOCIALITE LIFE on Twitter and Facebook too!