Celebrities Tweet Their Concern For Japan’s Tsunami & Earthquake Victims & Survivors
While the devastation from the earthquake and following tsunami in Japan is just beginning to sink in, celebrities having been sharing their thoughts and concern on Twitter. Launch the gallery to check out all the tweets from concerned celebrities.
If you haven’t been able to reach a loved one or friend, make sure to check out the Google People Finder. If you are able to, there are a number of ways in which you can help:
• Convoy of Hope’s Disaster Response team is in contact with partners in Japan and identifying areas in the greatest need of assistance. You can donate online at convoyofhope.org or text TSUNAMI to 50555 to donate $10 toward the relief efforts.
• AmeriCares is asking for donations so they can provide medicine and medical supplies to victims of the disaster.
• Global Giving has set up a relief fund where you can make a donation, which will be distributed to relief and emergency services in the affected region.
• Direct Relief International is reaching out to medical teams and emergency responders to offer assistance.
• Save the Children is mobilizing a response to the disaster in Japan with a focus on helping the youngest victims.
• International Medical Corps is sending medical supplies and relief teams to Japan. Help by donating $10 by texting MED to 80888.
(Thanks to People for this list.)