BREAKING: Corey Haim Dead At 38 Of An Apparent Overdose
Not the way I wanted to start my day out, but I’m sure Corey didn’t want to start his day off this way either.
Corey Haim died of a possibly accidental overdose. The Lost Boys star was 38-years-old. Police told TMZ that they were called to St. Joseph’s hospital in Burbank, CA shortly before 4AM PT to investigate.
This post will be updated as more details come in.
Update: This is pretty heartbreaking. Corey Haim collapsed in the bedroom of his mother’s apartment and four prescription bottles were found nearby … law enforcement sources told TMZ. Sources say Haim got out of bed at around 1:30 AM and collapsed in front of his mother. She called 911, and Corey was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Corey’s mom told authorities he had been battling prescription drug addiction for years.
Corey had been sick the last couple of days with flu-like symptoms. The medications recovered, however, were not related to his illness. No illicit drugs were found in the apartment.