Body Buzz: Top Ten Most Fit Females In 2006
Let’s face it – lists are just plain fun! I thought I would rank the most fit female celebrities based on diet and exercise routines. We all watch the television or the big screen and wonder how they manage to look so fit and healthy all the time (well most celebrities – the ones with the eating disorders will be left out of this list). Hollywood celebrities are real (despite the fact that some of their images in the media are digitally enhanced), they struggle with the same weight and exercise challenges as we all do, but here are a few who have a rigorous plan to keep them looking young and healthy.
10. Heidi Klum – Heidi has had three kids and she looks so wonderful! Her workout routine includes a strict program of cardio and strength training. The Ultimate New York diet is what got her supermodel ready after giving birth to her second child, which combines healthy eating and exercise with fast results and long term good health.
9. Madonna – Madge has never looked better she is approaching fifty and looking fabulous! Madonna needs to be in excellent shape with all the dancing and movement she incorporates into her performances, she had a personal trainer but now practices Ashtanga Yoga. This method of Yoga involves synchronizing the breath with progressive series of postures–a process producing intense internal heat and a profuse, purifying sweat that detoxifies muscles and organs. The result is improved circulation, a light and strong body, and a calm mind.
8. Gisele Bundchen - This Brazilian beauty enjoys volleyball and extreme sports to keep her supermodel figure in shape! Gisele has been noted as having “The bod that launched 1,000 fitness memberships.” One of her friends tattles that she “eats like a pig”, but the key for her is maintaining an active lifestyle with windsurfing and Pilates.
The top seven fittest females are after the jump.
7. Maria Sharapova - Maria of course stays in shape by playing tennis, however, when she is traveling she swears by Sybel’s Yoga for Sports and Fitness. Improving her flexibility and strength aiding Maria’s tennis game and teaches her to be more relaxed.
6. Jessica Alba - With a killer body like Jessica has who didn’t mind seeing her bikini clad in the movie Into the Blue for practically the whole movie. Jessica practices kickboxing and she loves to lift weights. Eating healthy is also a big part of Jessica’s lifestyle she cooks herself and rarely goes to restaurants if she can avoid them.
5. Jennifer Aniston - Jennifer, who has sworn by the Zone Diet for years, lost an impressive amount of weight before Friends and during the first season. Jennifer was just featured with her yoga instructor in Self magazine and looks amazing! She spoke about how yoga changed her life a total mind and body makeover. She also enjoys a cardio workout to keep her in the best shape possible.
4. Eva Longoria - Eva has a strict workout routine to keep herself in peak physical condition. She does kickboxing at least three times a week alternating yoga and weight training with her cardio workout. She also keeps her derriere looking perfect by doing lunges, squats and leg presses. She also watches what she eats to some extent because of her height packing on ten pounds can look like 15-20 on someone of her size.
3. Cameron Diaz – Keeping up with beau Justin Timberlake must be a challenge so Cameron stays in tune with him by surfing, hiking and snowboarding. One of her favorite exercise movements to do is reverse lunges. Cameron has no specific diet plan other than to enjoy the foods she eats in moderation.
2. Denise Richards - Despite a public divorce, and a media circus that surrounds her romance with Richie Sambora, Denise is able to maintain a great figure and keep her regular workout schedule. Denise used a personal trainer to take off the pounds from her pregnancy with Lola. She’s been kickboxing and doing abdominal exercises four to six times weekly – and adhering to a portion-controlled diet.
1. Jessica Simpson - She looked amazing in the Dukes of Hazzard movie, and she still looks fabulous. Jessica was with a personal trainer everyday and it got her in the best shape of her life. Jessica did an hour of cardio and abs combined followed by and hour of weights everyday in order to get her bikini ready in the movie. Lunges and squats with 7 pound weights are what did the trick to make her legs and butt look amazing. Simpson continues to stay in shape with cardio and weight training along with a low carb, low sugar diet but eats more vegetables and protein to maintain a healthy lifestyle.